Tuesday 13 May 2008

Nurses Day

A quick post tonight, just realised that it was nurses day yesterday (Monday 12th May), if I had not been reading the blogs I would never have noticed. Far too busy at work to worry about it and did not get a chance to read my e-mail from the RCN until it was all over. I was not the only one, none of my colleagues knew about it. I wondered why the American nurses were making a big thing about getting freebies from their employers - mostly cakes and pens - but hey it's better than nothing and more than I got and they even had a whole week for nurses. All I got was a very busy Monday and the chance to stay on after work for an extra hour as I could not get away on time. Ah well, maybe next year (hollow laugh).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I never got that excited about Nurse's Week when most of the time it was a mug or something that I got. I would have rather had a raise in pay!
I think nurses should be appreciated every day. Pop over and check out my other NP site and let me know what you think at www.npplace.com

Eustace said...

Thank you for this post, really worthwhile data.
liked it | here | 1