Wednesday, 26 August 2009

Dear Doctor,

Dear GP and GP's receptionist,

When you (correctly) dial 999 for an ambulance to your surgery and the crew arrives please do not refer to the female member of the crew as an ambulanceMAN she gets a bit upset by these things and also wonders at the observation powers of receptionists. It would also be a good idea if when asking the patient to go with the crew not to say "Right then, lets get you on the bus." It is demeaning to professional people and when they tell us about it it makes you look a real dick!

GrumpRN

3 comments:

Louise said...

Here Here!!!

I've lost count of the amount if times I've been refered to as an Ambulance Man!!

NurseReview.Org Link Exchange Request said...

Excellent site you have here. I also have a nursing blog and was wondering if you would like to exchange links with me. My blog url is http://NurseReview.Org. If you are interested please add my link and them leave me a comment so that I can add also a link back to your site. It will improve our google pagerank since we have the same niche.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Myk

Human Growth Hormone Houston said...

I'm really enjoying the theme/design of your site.