Saturday 15 March 2008

Great to be back

Well I have survived, and I have only put on about 3-4 pounds (sorry 1.5kgs) and would like to thank the nice bars, restaurants and places of interest in the lovely city of York for keeping me and my other half amused and entertained. We had a great time and will be back. I seem to have missed an awful lot in blogland, blogosphere whatever the cyber world we inhabit is called. Trauma Queen has a couple of absolutely brilliant pieces here and Drs. Crippen and Rant with Mousethinks and I'm a medical student are all going on about the 4 hour targets in A&E. Now MrGrumpy knows a thing or two about this and thinks that properly organised they are the best thing for patients and staff but the emphasis has to be on "properly organised". I hear horror stories about patients being basically thrown out of A&E whether they are ready or not - this is not the way to do it. It has to be a collaborative system between A&E, GP's, Out of Hours, NHS direct, Physicians, Surgeons, Orthopods, Management and anyone else who is connected with patient care. It cannot be left as A&E's problem.

Anyway enough of my chuntering, it is nice to be back and I return to work next week refreshed in mind and body prepared to face the challenges of the 21st century NHS, (Oh God! Now I need another holiday).

No comments: