Tuesday 25 March 2008

Retribution, divine or otherwise?

After my misbehaviour of Friday night and and my abject apologies of Saturday morning I thought I would be fine for the rest of the day. I was feeling well with only a minor hangover and looking forward to getting into work. However, as I went to my car I felt a slight chest pain - I should say that I had an MI and a CABG last year but felt I was making good progress. Pain resolved while driving but had another episode in work and working in an A&E unit everyone went into overdrive. Result? - seen by A&E consultant and admitted over the weekend. Everything was fine and I was allowed home Monday afternoon. So, many thanks to my colleagues and the staff in both wards I was in. Hmmm! I wonder if this had anything to do with Nurse k over at Crass pollination has she cursed me? I must have really pissed her off - nah I'm sure she's a nicer person than that.
Strange thing though, I have noticed that I seem to have acquired 2 pairs of pyjamas that are only for hospital use and my wife managed to fill my toilet bag only with what I needed and not with the crap that I usually put in it - has to be a girly thing. Oh and I really, really hate being on the other side - I do not make a good patient.
One good thing though, I managed to read Tom Reynolds book Blood, Sweat and Tea from his blog Random acts of reality I can thoroughly recommend it as it is a good read and is well written by someone who knows what he is talking about and more importantly seems to love what he does.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that the chest pain turned out all right. My mom had a quad bypass and three years ago and two of the bypasses aren't doing well at all now. I really need to get a check up myself but you know how that goes! Do as I tell you, not as I do.