Sunday 2 March 2008

Life

A lady came to the department today, 3 years older than me - I mention this as she said she was old and I took her to task about that in a nice way as I don't consider myself old. Anyway, she had turned round wet ground and she felt a crack in her ankle. That was all. She was unable to weightbear and some nice people had brought her to hospital. She had a history of breast cancer 2 years ago and was taking Tamoxifen. I had her x-rayed and this showed a nasty fracture to her ankle with a lot more damage than I expected with the mechanism of injury. I hope this is not the first signs of something really nasty and is just bad luck. Unfortunately I know better and it is probably the first sign of bony metasteses. I really really hope I'm wrong. Life can be a real bitch sometimes.

No comments: